The Kenosha County Historical Society is a campus of two buildings, the Kenosha History Center building which focuses on Kenosha County history, and the Southport Light Station Museum, a restored Light Keeper's home and lighthouse.
The Kenosha History Center building houses the main offices, three exhibit galleries, the gift shop and our Archives. The Southport Light Station, located on top of the hill above the History Center building, is the fourth gallery, focusing on maritime history.
The Southport Light Station Museum is composed of the 1866 historic lighthouse and the adjacent 1867 historic Lighthouse Keeper's home. Both floors of the Lighthouse Keeper's home have been restored to a 1908 time period, which dates to the most recent building additions and changes. The Southport Light Station Museum is open mid May through the end of October.