Join us for this fun, family-friendly holiday tradition as Downtown Kenosha lights up the town for the season! Festivities include our City’s Christmas Tree Lighting, free Electric Streetcar rides, visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus, the Lightin’ Up Business Decorating Contest, and so much more! Downtown businesses will stay open late and welcome you in for special sales and promotions, live entertainment, children’s activities and course, good old-fashioned holiday cheer!
4:00 to 5:00pm – CITY OF KENOSHA CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING
Fountain Plaza, West of Kenosha Public Museum | 5500 First Avenue
Beginning at 4:00pm, enjoy holiday music and entertainment by Those Funny Little People. Mingle with Mrs. Claus, the Frost Queen and Snow Princess, and characters from the Lakeside Players’ upcoming play, “A Charlie Brown Christmas.” Warm up with a hot chocolate, for sale on-site by the Friends of the Museum. At approximately 4:45pm, the Kenosha K*Stars choir will perform. Then, join Santa Claus and Mayor John Antaramian for the countdown to the Tree Lighting at 5:00pm.
4:00 to 9:00pm – FREE ELECTRIC STREETCAR RIDES
Kenosha’s Electric Streetcars will be decked out in holiday style! Rides are FREE for all ages from 4:00 to 9:00pm. Look for Streetcar boarding signs along 54th and 56th Streets Downtown.
5:30 to 8:30pm – VISIT WITH SANTA CLAUS
Rhode Center for the Arts | 514 56th Street
Stop in at the historic Rhode Center for the Arts to see the one and only Santa Claus! Visits with Santa are free. Don’t forget your camera to capture those special memories!
5:30 to 9:00pm – LETTER WRITING WITH MRS. CLAUS
Actor’s Craft 7th Avenue Theater | 4900 7th Avenue
Mrs. Claus is visiting Downtown Kenosha to help children write letters to her famous husband! Letters will be deposited in her special North Pole Mailbox and personally delivered to Santa Claus.
5:00pm & Later – LIGHTIN’ UP DOWNTOWN
Enjoy family-friendly activities and crafts, live entertainment and special promotions at dozens of Downtown shops, restaurants, galleries, and other businesses. Also delight an array of holiday light displays in Downtown shop windows and vote for your favorite display in our annual Lightin’ Up Business Decorating Contest (VOTE HERE starting at 4:00 PM 11/23/18).
LIGHTIN’ UP SPECIALS & ACTIVITIES
- A Summer’s Garden Florist | 5617 6th Avenue – Enjoy in-store holiday specials with a drawing for a holiday prize.
- Actor’s Craft | 4900 7th Avenue – Mrs. Claus is here to help children write letters to her famous husband! Letters will be deposited in her special North Pole Mailbox and personally delivered to Santa Claus.
- Alpaca Art | 4326 7th Avenue – Paint-your-own pottery. $5, $8 & $9 ornaments. No extra studio fee for these items.
- Anytime Fitness | 611 56th Street – 10% off membership and zero enrollment fees.
- Authentique | 625 57th Street – Enjoy complimentary Spiked Caramel Apple Cider and appetizers while shopping. Also experience a free gift with purchase. Open until 9pm.
- Bisou Lingerie | 635 58th Street – All black bras, panties and lingerie, 20% off.
- Century Pub & Eatery | 5511 6th Avenue – Buy one get one free appetizers.
- DayBreak Church | 5631 6th Avenue – Free kids craft! Free Coffee and Raffle for adults! Bathrooms open to the public.
- Duck Duck Goose Children’s Resale Shop | 5810 6th Avenue – Enjoy 20% everything in the store! Open 9-9pm.
- Elsie Mae’s Canning & Pies | 5819 6th Avenue – Santa’s Workshop: make your own gingerbread house, cutie pies, and more!
- Franks Diner | 508 58th Street – Kids can make and decorate FREE Tiny Christmas Trees made from ice cream cones and cake frosting and decorated with candy. Beverages and treats to eat will be for sale.
- In the Garden of Eden | 711 57th Street – Free gift with purchase! $25 off any purchase of $100 or more.
- Iron Depot Winery | 5000 7th Avenue – Coloring pages for kids. 20% off gift items. $1 off wine glasses.
- Jax Boutique | 5613 6th Avenue – Free gift with $75 purchase (while supplies last) and complimentary refreshments.
- Jockey Factory Store | 5500 6th Avenue – Entire store 40% to 70% OFF!
- K9 Kibble | 5535 6th Avenue – Make a custom bandana for your dog or cat! All supplies provided.
- Kenosha Art Association | 5615 7th Avenue – Offering artist demonstrations and art for sale.
- Kenosha Creative Space | 624 57th Street – Be inspired! Members of the Kenosha Symphony Orchestra will lead guests in a Christmas carol sing along from 6:00 – 8:00 PM!
- Kenosha Yacht Club | Get out of the cold and enjoy a great view at our unique harbor restaurant. All children will receive a free cookie and hot chocolate on 11/23 while adults will receive 1/2 priced appetizers at our restaurant all weekend!
- Lulu Birds | 720 58th Street – Stop in and save 10% on your purchase of $50 or more! Come by for more in-house specials!
- Madison Bleu Boutique | 4906 7th Avenue – Enjoy our Kid’s Holiday Cookie Decorating Station, complimentary Mini Christmas Stocking Filled with Treats (while supplies last), plus 10% OFF your entire purchase!
- PUBLIC Craft Brewing Co. | 716 58th Street – The annual release of our Chili Hot Chocolate Stout, available in CANS this year! Tim Delaney crooning the classics, free hot chocolate for the kids, decorate your own beer coaster ornaments, and find the best Christmas gift of all, BEER!
- Rettungs-Haus Shepherds, Inc. | 5812 6th Avenue – Stop in Rettungs-Haus Shepherds and check out our Dog Training Studio! We will have food, music, raffle baskets, and dog accessories for sale. Have your kids and furkids pictures taken with Santa!
- Robin’s Nest Cakery | 621 56th Street – Lightin’ Up special: $1 cider and a small cookie.
- Rustic Road Brewing Company | 5706 6th Avenue – Holiday trivia beginning at 8pm and Late Night Hoppy Holiday Hour featuring $4 apps beginning at 10pm.
- Sandy’s Popper | 5503 6th Avenue – 9th Annual Decorate a Complimentary Sandy’s Homemade Popcorn Ball Ornament– FREE!!! Kids of all ages welcome. Also, enjoy our complimentary hot chocolate and half-price coffee.
- Sazzy B | 5623 6th Avenue – Live music starting at 8:30 $5 candy cane martini available all evening!
- Scoops Ice Cream & Candy | 5711 8th Avenue – Melting snowman $3, hot caramel apple cider $3 plus a free homemade chocolate truffle (while supplies last)!
- Slip 56 | 506 56th Street – Come in out of the cold and enjoy our signature Lightin’ Up cocktail -the Hot Apple Toddy for just $6!
- Something Different | 5716 6th Avenue – Free coffee to warm you up on Lightin’ Up night!
- Stolfe’s Portside Percussion Studio | 5029 6th Avenue – Join us Friday between 5pm-6:30pm for our Lightin’ Up Drum Lesson Special…New students can sign up and receive 25% off of regular price Drum Lesson Packages (available in studio on Friday only). Free Drum Lesson coupons will be available in Studio on Friday!
- Swede’s | 510 56th Street – Come in for our special Homemade Eggnog warmup to kickoff the holiday season
- The Buzz Café | 5621 6th Avenue – Warm up with $1 children’s hot chocolate $3 peppermint mochas, or enjoy a free mini charcuterie board with purchase of wine or beer flight.
- The Pine Blossom – Enjoy Festiva Moses and desserts served throughout the evening, plus 10% off selected holiday items. Free raffle giveaways.
- The Stella | 5706 8th Avenue – Free hot cocoa and holiday cookies, plus free glow-in-the-dark Stella logo cups (while supplies last)! Talk to hotel representatives and learn about this exciting hotel and event space (opening Spring 2019)!
- Total Cyclery | 5039 6th Avenue – Lightin’ Up your ride with 15% off all bike lights!
- Trecroci Realty | 522 56th Street, Suite 101 – Complimentary Christmas Coffee Mugs.
- Wine Knot Bar & Bistro | 5611 6th Avenue – Half price Pumpkin Pie Martinis.
- Yoga & Friends | 5721 6th Avenue – Join us for our Lightin’ Up Open House following the City Christmas Tree Lighting! Yoga class packages will be available at a 20% savings off our regular pricing. Free trial class coupons. Teachers will be available for questions.
Lightin’ Up is sponsored by the City of Kenosha and Downtown Kenosha, Inc.
LIGHTIN’ UP ANNUAL BUSINESS DECORATING CONTEST
Downtown Kenosha is THE place to be for holiday light lovers this season! Dozens of businesses will decorate their windows and storefronts in grand holiday fashion for the annual Lightin’ Up festivities on November 23rd. VOTE for your favorite display and you could win a Downtown Kenosha Gift Basket filled with prizes from participating businesses!
Voting is open 4:00pm Friday, November 23 through 11:45pm Sunday, November 25
2018 DECORATING CONTEST PARTICIPANTS
Actor’s Craft Seventh Avenue Theater (4900 7th Avenue)
Anytime Fitness (611 56th Street)
Apis Hotel & Restaurant (614 56th Street – opening 2019!)
Authentique (625 57th Street)
Bisou Lingerie (635 58th Street)
Boat House Pub and Eatery (4917 7th Avenue)
Century Pub & Eatery (5511 6th Avenue)
Coast & Copper (520 58th Street)
Duck Duck Goose Children’s Resale Shop (5810 6th Avenue)
Elsie Mae’s Canning & Pies (5819 6th Avenue)
Equinox Body & Soul Boutique (5901 6th Avenue A)
Franks Diner (508 58th Street)
In the Garden of Eden (711 57th Street)
Iron Depot Winery (5000 7th Avenue)
Jockey Factory Store (5500 6th Avenue)
K9 Kibble (5535 6th Avenue)
Kaiser’s Pizza & Pub (510 57th Street)
Kenosha Art Association (5615 7th Avenue)
Kenosha Creative Space (624 57th Street)
Kenosha Yacht Club (5130 4th Avenue)
Lulu Birds (720 58th Street)
Mike Bjorn’s (5614 6th Avenue)
Pollard Gallery (518 56th Street)
PUBLIC Craft Brewing Co. (716 58th Street)
Rettungs-Haus Shepherds, Inc. (5812 6th Avenue)
Robin’s Nest Cakery (621 56th Street)
Rustic Road Brewing Company (5706 Sixth Avenue)
Sandy’s Popper (5503 6th Avenue)
Scoops Ice Cream & Candy (5711 8th Avenue)
Something Different (5716 6th Avenue)
Stolfe’s Portside Percussion Studio (5029 6th Avenue)
Swede’s (510 56th Street)
The Buzz Café (5621 6th Ave)
The O at Backyard Dream Studios (Orpheum Theater) (5823 6th Avenue)
The Pine Blossom (5925 6th Avenue A)
Total Cyclery (5039 6th Avenue)
Trecroci Realty (522 56th Street #101)
Yoga & Friends (5721 6th Avenue)
(*) To be entered into the drawing for a Downtown Gift Basket, be sure to enter your contact information after casting your vote (4pm 11/23/18 through 11:45pm 11/25/18).