Join us for this fun, family-friendly holiday tradition as Downtown Kenosha lights up the town for the season! Festivities include our City’s Christmas Tree Lighting, free Electric Streetcar rides, visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus, the Lightin’ Up Business Decorating Contest, and so much more! Downtown businesses will stay open late and welcome you in for special sales and promotions, live entertainment, children’s activities and course, good old-fashioned holiday cheer!
4:00 to 5:00pm – CITY OF KENOSHA CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING
Fountain Plaza, West of Kenosha Public Museum | 5500 First Avenue
Beginning at 4:00pm, enjoy holiday music and entertainment. Warm up with a hot chocolate, for sale on-site by the Friends of the Museum. At approximately 4:45pm, the Kenosha K*Stars choir will perform. Then, join Santa Claus and Mayor John Antaramian for the countdown to the Tree Lighting at 5:00pm.
4:00 to 9:00pm – FREE ELECTRIC STREETCAR RIDES
Kenosha’s Electric Streetcars will be decked out in holiday style! Rides are FREE for all ages from 4:00 to 9:00pm. Look for Streetcar boarding signs along 54th and 56th Streets Downtown.
5:30 to 8:00pm – VISIT WITH SANTA CLAUS
Rhode Center for the Arts | 514 56th Street
Stop in at the historic Rhode Center for the Arts to see the one and only Santa Claus! Visits with Santa are free. Don’t forget your camera to capture those special memories!
5:30 to 9:00pm – LETTER WRITING WITH MRS. CLAUS
Actor’s Craft 7th Avenue Theater | 4900 7th Avenue
Mrs. Claus is visiting Downtown Kenosha to help children write letters to her famous husband! Letters will be deposited in her special North Pole Mailbox and personally delivered to Santa Claus.
5:00pm & Later – LIGHTIN’ UP DOWNTOWN
Enjoy family-friendly activities and crafts, live entertainment and special promotions at dozens of Downtown shops, restaurants, galleries, and other businesses. Also delight an array of holiday light displays in Downtown shop windows and vote for your favorite display in our annual Lightin’ Up Business Decorating Contest (VOTE HERE starting at 4:00 PM 11/29/19).
LIGHTIN’ UP SPECIALS & ACTIVITIES
- A Summer’s Garden Florist | 5617 6th Avenue – Enjoy in-store holiday specials with a drawing for a holiday prize.
- Actor’s Craft | 4900 7th Avenue – Mrs. Claus is here to help children write letters to her famous husband! Letters will be deposited in her special North Pole Mailbox and personally delivered to Santa Claus.
- Alpaca Art | 4326 7th Avenue – Paint-your-own pottery. $5 flat ornaments, $8 & $10 ball ornaments. No extra studio fee for these items.
- Authentique | 625 57th Street
- Bisou Lingerie | 635 58th Street – All black bras, panties and lingerie, 20% off. Purchase a $60.00 gift certificate for $50.00.
- Dawn’s Style | 633 58th Street – 20% off Moroccan Oil products! Special sales that need to be seen; boutique winter item.
- DayBreak Church | 5631 6th Avenue – Free kids craft! Free Coffee for adults! Bathrooms open to the public. Partnering with The Buzz for Alleyway Carols!
- Elsie Mae’s Canning & Pies | 5819 6th Avenue – Explore Santa’s Workshop: Free face painting, free pine cone bird feeder making, cookie decorating for $2.00 each or 6 for $10.00, cutie pie making for $3.00 each, and $10.00 Gingerbread houses!
- Franks Diner | 508 58th Street – Kids can make and decorate FREE Tiny Christmas Trees made from ice cream cones and cake frosting and decorated with candy. Beverages and treats to eat will be for sale.
- Iron Depot Winery | 5000 7th Avenue
- Jockey Factory Store | 5500 6th Avenue – Entire store 40% to 70% OFF!
- K9 Kibble | 5535 6th Avenue – Make a custom bandana for your dog or cat! All supplies provided.
- Kenosha Art Association | 5615 7th Avenue – Make a handmaid holiday ornament!
- Kenosha Creative Space | 624 57th Street
- Madison Bleu Boutique | 4906 7th Avenue – Enjoy our kid’s candy cane reindeer decorating station, complimentary treats (while supplies last), plus 40% OFF all regular priced items Friday and Saturday!
- Robin’s Nest Cakery | 621 56th Street
- Rustic Road Brewing Company | 5706 6th Avenue
- Sandy’s Popper | 5503 6th Avenue – FREE Holiday Popcorn ball with purchase while supplies last!!!
- Sazzy B | 5623 6th Avenue – Live music starting at 8:30 $5 candy cane martini available all evening!
- Scoops Ice Cream & Candy | 5711 8th Avenue
- Something Different | 5716 6th Avenue – Free Coffee to warm you up while touring!
- Stolfe’s Portside Percussion Studio | 5029 6th Avenue
- The Buzz Café | 5621 6th Avenue – Partnering with DayBreak Church for Alleyway caroling. Specials on hot cocoa and treats!
- The Stella | 5706 8th Avenue
- Total Cyclery | 5039 6th Avenue – Lightin’ Up your ride with 15% off all bike lights!
- Trecroci Realty | 522 56th Street, Suite 101 – Complimentary Christmas Coffee Mugs.
- Wine Knot Bar & Bistro | 5611 6th Avenue – Half price Pumpkin Pie Martinis.
- Yoga & Friends | 5721 6th Avenue – Join us for our Lightin’ Up Open House following the City Christmas Tree Lighting! Yoga class packages will be available at a savings off our regular pricing. Free trial class coupons. Teachers will be available for questions.
Lightin’ Up is sponsored by the City of Kenosha and Downtown Kenosha, Inc.
LIGHTIN’ UP ANNUAL BUSINESS DECORATING CONTEST
Downtown Kenosha is THE place to be for holiday light lovers this season! Dozens of businesses will decorate their windows and storefronts in grand holiday fashion for the annual Lightin’ Up festivities on November 29th. VOTE for your favorite display and you could win a Downtown Kenosha Gift Basket filled with prizes from participating businesses!
VOTE HERE (Opening the 29th!)
Voting is open 4:00pm Friday, November 29 through 11:45pm Sunday, December 1st!
2019 DECORATING CONTEST PARTICIPANTS
A Summer’s Garden Florist (5616 6th Avenue)
Actor’s Craft Seventh Avenue Theater (4900 7th Avenue)
Authentique (625 57th Street)
Bisou Lingerie (635 58th Street)
Boat House Pub & Eatery (4917 7th Avenue)
Dakini Healing Arts (5603 7th Avenue)
Dawn’s Style (633 58th Street)
Elsie Mae’s Canning & Pies (5819 6th Avenue)
Franks Diner (508 58th Street)
In the Garden of Eden (711 57th Street)
Iron Depot Winery (5000 7th Avenue)
K9 Kibble (5535 6th Avenue)
Kenosha Art Association (5615 7th Avenue)
Kenosha Creative Space (624 57th Street)
Lulu Birds (720 58th Street)
Mike Bjorn’s (5614 6th Avenue)
Robin’s Nest Cakery (621 56th Street)
Rustic Road Brewing Company (5706 Sixth Avenue)
Sandy’s Popper (5503 6th Avenue)
Scoops Ice Cream & Candy (5711 8th Avenue)
Something Different (5716 6th Avenue)
Stolfe’s Portside Percussion Studio (5029 6th Avenue)
The Buzz Café (5621 6th Ave)
The O at Backyard Dream Studios (Orpheum Theater) (5823 6th Avenue)
Total Cyclery (5039 6th Avenue)
Trecroci Realty (522 56th Street #101)
Yoga & Friends (5721 6th Avenue)
(*) To be entered into the drawing for a Downtown Gift Basket, be sure to enter your contact information after casting your vote (4pm 11/29/19 through 11:45pm 12/01/19).