As with many holidays lately, they look a bit different than they have in the past. Small businesses are continuously finding new innovative ways to help us spend our time more creatively. Whether you are staying in or heading out, enjoying a romantic date night, celebrating with the family or treating yourself, Downtown is a great place to find everything you need to plan an amazing Valentine’s Day. Here is just a short preview of ideas on “Spreading the Love Downtown”. Stay tuned for my upcoming post on Dining Downtown!
- The Vault will be filled with “ A Little Night Music” on Fri Feb 12th at 8pm. DJ, dancing and drink specials at the full service bar. Advanced ticket or door sales, $15 single/ $25 couple. Saturday, Feb 13th beginning at 8pm, The Vault transforms into a “Lover’s Day Masquerade Affair” Dinner, Music, DJ Dee Hill & VIP Service. $30 pre- sale tickets.
- Gordon’s Sports Bar will be featuring Live Music Fri-Sun, enjoy 3Piece Live Sat Feb.13th at 9pm.
- Kenosha Comedy Club has Vince Acevedo Live at 8pm Feb 12th & 13th.
- “All We Need is Love” at Kenosha Creative Space Sat Feb13th & Sun Feb 14th. Two full days of Art, Music & Creative conversations.
- Take a chance at Blue House Books and try out “Blind Date with a Book”!! Friday thru Sunday. Books are wrapped and labeled with only a vague description and price.
- Get the Chemistry flowing at Actor’s Craft. Valentine’s weekend classes will feature lessons on how Actor’s create Chemistry.
- Book your stay for two at The Stella Hotel and Ballroom with an amazing Valentine’s Day Package: overnight accommodations, bottle of sparkling wine & house made chocolates in the room, dinner for two (up to $100) at 1844 Table & Mash.
- Paint your way into their hearts and enjoy “Family Night Out” at Alpaca Art. Friday Feb 12th at 5pm, parents & kids will receive 20% off painting. Limited seating, reservations requested.
BeYOUtiful….treat yourself this Valentine’s Day
- Dawn’s Style offers everything under one roof!! Beauty salon, clothing, handbags, hats & jewelry. Everything a girl could ask for.
- Bisou Lingerie is a women’s boutique, offering personal fitting appointments to make you feel amazing in the skin you are in. Don’t worry guys, they have you covered too (pun intended). Saxx boxer briefs are available as well as help finding the perfect gift for that special someone!
- In the Garden of Eden- The Spice of Life offers lingerie and adult novelty items with an abundance of selections. Whether you are shopping for yourself or looking for the perfect gift to add a little spice into your life, you are sure to find it here.
- Mike Bjorn’s has a tremendous selection of suits to meet any style and any budget. Crazy fun socks, suspenders & shirt accessories to match any personality.
- SJ Crystal’s has you covered from head to toe for your night out on the town. A full service Men’s clothing store with everything from shoes to outerwear. Amazing sweaters, corduroy pants,vests to dress shirts & pants. They even offer customizable suits!
- Bellissima Boutique has candles and bath bombs at 20% off! Both are sure to give a beautiful glow.
- Freshen up that color & cut or treat yourself to a professional styling for your night out! We have some incredible salons to choose from: Salon on 6th, Salon Pure, Perfect 10 Salon, Tangles Hair Salon, Bellissima Hair Salon
Sweets for your Sweets
- Scoop’s Ice Cream & Candy Shop has you covered for all your Valentine’s Sweet Treats; from Hot Chocolate Bombs to homemade turtles, peanut patties, mint patties, chocolate truffles, chocolate dipped pretzels & double stuffed oreos! 6 inch Heart shaped ice cream cakes are customizable with 2 different ice cream flavors and available to order until Fri Feb 12th.
- Sandy’s Poppers has Valentine’s gift packs ready to go and their ice cream flavor of the month is Cherry Chipper! Stop by to enter their free drawing for a chance to win a Valentine’s Popcorn Tin!
- To & From Gift Shop & Yaya’s Sweet Treats have teamed up to offer you a Valentine’s Day Cookie Pop Up Sale on Sat Feb 6th at 10am
- A Summer’s Garden Florists offers beautiful flowers, plants & gifts!
- Equinox Botanical Boutique has incredible selections sure to win the heart of any plant lover.
- Duck Duck Goose: whether you are looking for fun gifts for the kiddos or planning to celebrate with a family game night, you are sure to find it all here.
- Authentique candles, wine accessories and pillow talk whispering sweet nothings in your ear! Stop in or shop online to see all their sweet items.
- To & From Gift Shop laugh, cuss and maybe even blush, this gift shop truly has it ALL!
- Modern Apothecary Lovey Dovey cards, “Bee Mine” notebooks and wellness products are in abundance!
Decor to bring the festivities HOME!
- The Pine Blossom has a wide variety of decor & jewelry all at 10%off!!
- LuLu Birds has a beautiful blend of old and new decor to fall in love with.
As you can see Love can be more than just a box of chocolates! Downtown is bustling with so many amazing businesses, each offering fun & unique items. We can’t wait to see you Downtown this Valentine’s Day and spreading Love all over, as there is so much more than what I have listed. What we do know is that downtown invests in your love!