10. Food. With over 25 restaurants, pubs, cafes, and food-themed stores to enjoy - everything from wine and steaks to beer and burgers – you won’t leave hungry.
9. Pampering. Downtown Kenosha offers some amazing businesses that specialize in personal services. Nail care, hair care, skin care, and more!
8. Activity. There plenty of places for recreation – walking, biking, swimming. Nearly the entire lakefront in the downtown area is publically accessible with parks, bike trails, beaches, and even spots offering outdoor dining.
7. Shopping. From a locally owned pharmacy, pet supply store, and a florist to stores that feature up-cycled, recycled, and handmade items, you definitely won’t go home empty handed.
6. Public Art. Murals adorn the buildings, sculptures line the harbor, and statues are scattered throughout the neighborhood.
5. Water. From fountains like the Veterans Memorial Fountain, Wallace Fountain, and Kenosha Public Museum fountain, to the great views of Lake Michigan, Downtown Kenosha has some great water features.
4. Entertainment. Live music at bars and restaurants, concerts by the local and visiting musicians indoors and out, productions at the local theatre, and exhibits at a handful of galleries all provide a dose of culture and entertainment in our district.
3. Museums. There are five museums in Downtown Kenosha that are all completely free to visit or have a small fee to enjoy specific exhibits. Hands-on learning about fossils excavated in Kenosha county, maritime history of the waters beyond the Kenosha shoreline, and even the correlation between dinosaurs and birds – land, seas and sky are all covered!
2. Events. Regardless of what season it is, Downtown Kenosha is home and host to a number of popular events each year. Museum Crawl, Taste of Wisconsin, Snow Daze, Lightin’ Up, and the Kenosha Classic Cruise-In – just to name a few.
1. People. Shop keepers, local residents, and visitors alike are incredibly friendly. Maybe it’s the charming atmosphere.