Getting Around Downtown
Downtown Kenosha is easy to find right on the shores of Lake Michigan.
The Downtown area is located between 49th and 59th Streets, and bounded by Sheridan Road to the west. Getting around the area is easy, as Streets and Avenues run opposite directions – Streets run east/west, while Avenues run north/south.
NOTE: All directions refer to ending point at 6th Avenue & 52nd Street – Downtown Kenosha businesses can be easily accessed from this central location.
From the North - Racine / Milwaukee
- Via I-94 / US 41: I-94 East / 41 South to Highway 158 (Exit #342). Proceed East on Hwy. 158 (aka 52nd Street) approximately 7 miles to Downtown.
- Via Green Bay Road / Hwy. 31: Green Bay Road (aka Hwy. 31) South to Hwy. 158(aka 52nd Street). Turn East (Left) onto 52nd Street to Downtown.
- Via Sheridan Road / Hwy. 32: Sheridan Road (aka Hwy. 32) South to 52nd Street. Turn East (Left) onto 52nd Street to Downtown.
From the West - Lake Geneva
- Via Hwy. 50: Hwy. 50 East to Green Bay Road (aka Hwy. 31). Turn North (Left) onto Green Bay Road to Hwy. 158 (aka 52nd Street). Turn East (Right) onto 52nd Street to Downtown.
From the South - Chicago
- Via I-294 / 94 / US41: I-294/94/US41 North to Hwy. 158 East (Exit #342). Proceed East on Hwy. 158 (aka 52nd Street) approximately 7 miles to Downtown.
- Via Green Bay Road / Hwy. 31: Green Bay Road (aka Hwy. 31) North to Hwy. 52nd Street. Turn East (Right) on 52nd Street to Downtown.
- Via Sheridan Road / Hwy. 32: Sheridan Road (aka Hwy. 32) North to 52nd Street. Turn East (Right) onto 52nd Street to Downtown.
There is ample, free street parking throughout Downtown Kenosha, along with a number of free public parking lots. For locations of public parking lots, click here.
Park your car and hop aboard one of Kenosha's authentic Electric Streetcars! For just $1.00 for adults (50 cents for children ages 12 and under), enjoy the scenic ride along the Lake Michigan shore and take advantage of multiple stops near great attractions, restaurants and shopping! For a schedule and map of the Streetcar route, click here.
LOCAL BUS & TAXI SERVICE
The Kenosha Transit Department operates 10 convenient bus routes to take you almost anywhere within the City limits. All routes depart from and arrive at the McCarthy Transit Center. For a schedule and map of local bus routes, click here.
Taxi service is also available and is provided by four companies, but one call to their Central Dispatch Service is all it takes to summon a ride! (262) 654-3511
Riding METRA to Kenosha? No worries! Kenosha's METRA station is just a few blocks from the downtown and lakefront area. Just hop aboard the Electric Streetcar at the pick up location outside the METRA station, and let the driver do the rest! Click here for a current METRA schedule to and from Kenosha.
If you are traveling to or from Racine, Milwaukee or one of the area airports, hop aboard a Wisconsin Motorcoach "Coach USA" bus. Coach USA buses stop at the Kenosha Metra Station on their way to and from the O'Hare and Midway Airports in Chicago, Mitchell Field in Milwaukee, and downtown Racine and Milwaukee. For a schedule and map of the Coach USA bus routes, click here.